Holmes Road Studios © Morley von Sternberg
The Architecture Centre is seeking a Centre Administrator to join our small and passionate team. The Administrator will provide key support to the organisation and help us to deliver our year round programme of activity.
A varied and diverse role, we’re looking for an individual with excellent attention to detail, who is highly organised and has an enthusiasm for learning & developing new skills.
The Application Pack can be downloaded to the righthandside, or see the full job description below.
Deadline for applications: 9 am on Fri 7 September
CENTRE ADMINISTRATOR – ROLE SUMMARY
Job Title: Centre Administrator
Employment Basis: 30 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 pro rata
Employer: The Architecture Centre
Location of Post: The Architecture Centre, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol, BS1 4QA
Reporting to: Director
Probationary Period: 3 months
Holiday: 25 days pro rata, excluding bank holidays
The Centre Administrator provides key support to the organisation. The main purpose of the role is to manage the day-to-day running of the office and building, provide financial administration & support the Director and small staff team in the delivery of our events and activities, including the Urban Design Forum.
Office & Centre Management
- Running an efficient office – ordering stationery, liaising with suppliers & maintaining systems
- Building management – liaising with contractors & suppliers to maintain a safe, clean & tidy centre
- Liaising with tenants & managing room hires & bookings
- Providing a professional welcome to the centre – dealing politely & effectively with central telephone & email enquiries
- Assisting with staff records & organisational record-keeping
- General administrative, marketing & reporting tasks as required to support the organisation
- Supporting the Director, including minute-taking at board meetings & coordination of meetings
- Day-to-day financial administration including raising sales invoices, chasing & making payments
- Accurate inputting of finance information into the accounting software (Quickbooks) & running reconciliations & simple reports
- Keeping up-to-date with HMRC legislation, submitting gift aid returns, VAT returns & PAYE payments as required
- Banking income regularly, managing petty cash, events floats & expenses
Events & Activities Support
- Supporting the administration of our public & sector-facing events including the Urban Design Forum
- Supporting events set-up, welcoming guests & pack-down
- Coordinating & issuing contracts & supporting travel, insurance & accommodation booking
- Coordinating & recruiting volunteers where required
- Undertake any duties as deemed reasonable, as requested by the Director to support the efficient running & activities of the organisation
- Occasional evening work required (TOIL system)
- Educated to A-level or degree level
- Professional experience in an administrative role
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word with good IT skills
- Experience of financial administration, including managing payments, sales & customer relationships
- Working experience in the use of accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks)
- Excellent team player
- Great customer service & interpersonal skills
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude
- Strong time management skills & an ability to work under pressure & prioritise workload
- Enthusiasm for learning & developing new skills particularly around the use of technology
- Sensitivity & an ability to be discrete & maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to continuing own personal development & keeping up-to-date with legislation & best practice
- Enthusiasm for architecture & culture
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Experience of managing a building & tenants
- Book-keeping qualification
- Experience of charity administration
- Experience of running & supporting events
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide us with a current CV (up to 2 pages) and a letter of application outlining your interest in and suitability for the role. Please refer specifically to the Responsibilities and Person Specification, ensuring your letter is no longer than three pages. Address your letter to the Director.
EMAIL applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: All applications must be received by 9 am on Fri 7 September.
START DATE: Oct 2018, exact start date to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
INTERVIEWS: Anticipated Interview Date: Wed 12 September
The Architecture Centre is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All offers of employment are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.