© Chris Wilkins Photography
The Architecture Centre is seeking a creative and experienced Marketing & Communications Manager to join our exceptional team.
We inspire people to shape better places through world class events, festivals, education and live projects. Help us champion our inspirational programmes and develop our relationships with the built environment sector. Be part of the exciting new vision for the centre, right in the heart of one of the UK’s most cultural cities.
The Application Pack can be downloaded to the right-hand side, or see the full job description below.
Deadline for applications: 9am on Mon 28 January 2019
Marketing & Communications Manager – ROLE SUMMARY
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Employment Basis: 37.5 hours per week
Employer: The Architecture Centre
Location of Post: The Architecture Centre, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol, BS1 4QA
Reporting to: Director
Probationary Period: 3 months
Period: 2 Years (fixed term, with an ambition to extend, subject to funding)
Holiday: 25 days, excluding bank holidays
All offers of employment are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to lead our marketing strategy to develop an inspirational brand and drive the growth of our audiences and corporate relationships. The Architecture Centre is undergoing an exciting period of transformation and you will play a large part in the next stage of our evolution.
Brand & Communications
- Work with the Director to develop and implement The Architecture Centre brand and brand strategy
- Oversee the branding of the organisation across all of our activities, outputs and team.
- Develop and implement The Architecture Centre Press and PR strategy, gaining strong coverage for our programme of events, services and sector voice.
Use a range of creative communications tools to drive income generation across our organisation. This includes:
- Developing ticket sales for our well-attended events programme
- Driving bookings for our successful Design Review services
- Implementation of a new ticketing and donations strategy for Bristol Open Doors
- Management and growth of our corporate membership scheme
- Marketing and developing opportunities for space hire and working with the Programme Manager to develop sector-facing programme
Audience Development & Reporting
- Strategic growth of our audiences, including setting targets and using analytics to monitor success and implement change.
- Development of a smart customer database
- Regular reporting to the board and to funders against marketing benchmarks and audience targets
Work across the organisation to integrate inspiring digital content to meet our charitable aims and drive audiences and revenue. This includes:
- Increasing our use and commissioning of engaging digital and film content
- Management of our websites and digital channels including social media.
- Use of targeted digital advertising to successfully build influence and drive sales
- Development and execution of successful campaigns to raise funds and awareness
- Plan and manage the Marketing Budget in collaboration with the Director
- Recruitment and line management of interns, volunteers and assistants as required
- Manage strong working relationships with digital developers and designers
- Ensure the organisation is GDPR compliant
- Be an informed, collaborative and enthusiastic member of the organisation
- Attend relevant programme and networking events nationally and across the city
- Take an active interest in new technologies and creative content
- Undertake any other duties as deemed reasonable, as requested by the Director to support the success of the organisation
- Occasional evening and weekend work required (TOIL system)
- At least 3 years experience in a marketing role
- Experience of heading up strong campaigns
- Experience of image creation and print design
- Experience of brand and website development
- Commissioning of successful digital and video content
- Strong understanding of data, and the ability to use analytics to implement change
- Experienced in the use of digital tools including mailchimp, wordpress, google analytics
- Understand of GDPR and data protection legislation
- An eye for design and a strong story
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Good understanding of the media and a network of contacts
- Evidence of successfully developing audiences to deliver financial growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing a range of stakeholders and strong advocacy skills
- Excellent team player
- Strong time management skills & an ability to work to deadline under pressure
- Commitment to continuing own personal development & keeping up-to-date with legislation & best practice
- Enthusiasm for architecture & culture
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Experience of designing successful digital fundraising campaigns
- Experience of working in architecture, heritage or culture
Please provide us with a current CV and a letter of application outlining your interest in and suitability for the role. Please refer specifically to the Responsibilities and Person Specification, ensuring your letter is no longer than three pages. Address your letter to the Director.
EMAIL: applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: All applications must be received by 9am on Mon 28 January
START DATE: Feb/March 2019, exact start date to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
INTERVIEWS: Anticipated Interview Date: Fri 1 February
The Architecture Centre is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.