The Architecture Centre, in partnership with the Royal Academy of Engineering, is seeking engineers to create inspirational events for Bristol Open Doors (13-15 Sept 2019), Bristol’s city-wide festival of architecture, heritage and design.
Are you an engineer or engineering firm based in the South West? Could you help develop an event that inspires the next generation of engineers, engaging the public to promote knowledge of what engineering is, and what amazing engineers can achieve?
Could you develop a talk, tour or activity at some of these amazing feats of engineering?
- Filton Airfield
- Engine Shed
- Albion Dock
- Redcliffe Caves
- Clifton Rocks Railway
- Clifton Suspension Bridge
- Bristol Ferries
- Underfall Boat Yard
- The Bristol Port Company
- SS Great Britain
- Wind turbines
- Or is there a more interesting site you would like to work with?
- You will need to be available for at least one day during 13-15 September 2019.
- You will be enthusiastic and keen to work in small groups to plan a simple event with support from Bristol Open Doors producers.
- We are running two workshops on Thursday 9 May and Thursday 23 May (6-8pm). It would be advantageous if you are able to attend these.
- Recognition from the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Learn new skills and network in engineering circles
- Improve your public engagement skills
To register your interest in getting involved, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Lucy MacDonald, Programme Manager
0117 922 1540