Job Title: Marketing Officer
Employment Basis: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000
Employer: The Architecture Centre
Location of Post: The Architecture Centre, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol, BS1 4QA
Reporting to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Probationary Period: 3 months
Period: 1 Year (fixed term, with an ambition to extend)
Holiday: 25 days, excluding bank holidays
All offers of employment are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
We seek a confident and creative individual with strong digital skills to join our marketing team and drive the growth of our audiences. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional to take their next step. The Architecture Centre is currently undergoing an exciting period of transformation and you will be important part of our growth.
Brand & Communications
- Support the marketing manager to implement The Architecture Centre brand across our platforms
- Content generation (articles, lists interviews, video content, podcasts, visual)
- Ad-hoc graphic design & visual creation of assets
- Supporting PR strategy to help gain coverage for the organisation
- Use a range of creative communications tools to drive income generation across our organisation.
- Driving tickets sales for Bristol Open Doors
- Developing ticket sales for our well-attended events programme
- Supporting other income generation including Design Review Bookings, Job Listings, Space Hires & Memberships
- Work across the organisation to integrate inspiring digital content to meet our charitable aims & drive audiences & revenue
- Management of our websites & digital channels including social media scheduling
- Use of targeted digital advertising to successfully build influence & drive sales
- Development & execution of successful campaigns to raise funds & awareness
- Ensure the organisation is GDPR compliant
Planning & Budget Management
- Plan, develop & deliver campaigns as agreed within timescales & budget (project management).
- Careful management of your Marketing Budget in collaboration with the Marketing Manager
Audience Development & Reporting
- Growth of audiences & customers (meeting targets & using analytics to monitor success or implement change)
- Development of innovative ways to reach current & future audiences
- Regular reporting to manager, board & funders against marketing targets.
- Maintain audience & customer databases, implementing segmentation where appropriate
- Recruitment & line management of volunteers as required
- Be an informed, collaborative & enthusiastic member of the organisation
- Attend relevant programme & networking events across the city
- Take an active interest in new technologies and creative content
- Undertake other duties as deemed reasonable, to support the success of the organisation
- Occasional evening & weekend work required (TOIL system)
- Paid professional experience in a marketing role
- Experience of marketing events & generating sales
- Confident communicator with excellent verbal & copywriting skills
- Excellent team player
- An eye for design & a strong story
- Experience of implementing core brand principles across a range of marketing platforms
- Experience of website maintenance & development (WordPress)
- Experience of managing organic social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Experience of effective digital advertising (facebook, google, youtube)
- Experience of using ticketing platforms e.g Eventbrite
- Experience in compiling engaging e-communications (Mailchimp)
- Knowledge of the Adobe creative suite & basic design skills
- Understanding of how to commission digital and video content
- Strong understanding of data & the ability to use analytics (google analytics etc) to implement change
- Good understanding of the media
- Evidence of successfully developing audiences to deliver financial growth
- Experience of managing a range of stakeholders and strong advocacy skills
- Strong time management skills & an ability to work to deadlines under pressure
- Commitment to professional development & keeping up-to-date with best practice
- Enthusiasm for architecture, design & culture
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Degree, vocational equivalent, or 1-2 years in a professional marketing role
- Experience of designing successful digital fundraising campaigns
- Experience of working in architecture, heritage or culture
- Knowledge of SEO PPC Display & data protection legislation
Please provide us with a current CV and a letter of application outlining your interest in and suitability for the role. Please refer specifically to the Responsibilities and Person Specification, ensuring your letter is no longer than three pages. Address your letter to the Communications Manager.
EMAIL applications to email@example.com
DEADLINE: All applications must be received by 9am on Thur 6 Feb
INTERVIEWS: Anticipated Interview Date: Mon 10 Feb
START DATE: February/March 2020. Exact start date to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK IN THE LEAD UP TO AND DURING BRISTOL OPEN DOORS 2020. FROM 1 – 14 SEPTEMBER 2019
The Architecture Centre is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ABOUT: THE ARCHITECTURE CENTRE
Founded in 1996 and situated on Bristol harbourside, The Architecture Centre is a world-leading centre of excellence for urban design and creative placemaking.
A registered charity, our aim is to promote better buildings and places for people. We promote the understanding and enjoyment of architecture and design – inspiring and involving people in shaping better places.
You will join the centre in an exciting phase of our development, as we continue to develop a new vision for the organisation. Increasingly we bring the world’s most innovative thinkers to Bristol, broker conversations to shape the future of our city and lead on creative partnerships in the public realm, including Bristol Open Doors, one of the largest festivals in the city.
We take inspiration from around the world, bringing the exceptional to Bristol, whilst showcasing the best ideas from across the South West. We believe that by increasing public awareness and working with those responsible for development, we will help raise the bar, providing opportunities and demand for better and greener buildings and places.
We achieve our aims through:
- Inspiring and informative international Public Programme of events
- Celebrating our city through Bristol Open Doors festival
- Building better places through our Design Review Service & Policy work
- Nurturing the next generation of diverse placemakers through our Education Programme