We are seeking a confident individual with strong business skills to drive the launch our new venture and be a critical part of our growing team. You will have experience in bar and operations management and enjoy working with the public to create a welcoming new home for Bristolians on the Harbourside. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work, with a good attention to the details of success.
The Architecture Centre is a small venue undergoing a major a transformation. Building plans include creating a design-themed café & bar ‘The Architect’ on the ground floor, with a newly created small terrace by the water.
You will be responsible for setting up the bar ready for opening and driving its success.
You will be responsible for the managing the bar and play a central role across our operations (we anticipate an 80:20 split on bar versus organisational support).
i) Management of our riverfront building and ensuring excellent customer service and good value for money from contracts.
ii) Driving income through the bar, event hire and membership.
iii) Management of operations including IT, Policies and Procedures, and Insurances.
The first priority for the role will be to support the fit out, and suppliers for our new café-bar and implement new operating systems in time for opening this summer.
• At least 3-years experience in an operations role
• Experience of managing a bar/café
• Experience of generating commercial sales and evidence of driving profit
• Experience of successfully managing Budgets >£100,000
• Experience of implementing policies and procedures (including HR)
• Confident communicator
• Excellent team player
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of managing a range of stakeholders and strong advocacy skills
• Strong time management skills & an ability to work to deadlines under pressure
• Enthusiasm for design, architecture & culture
• Enthusiasm for people
• Can-do attitude
• Commitment to equal opportunities
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a current CV and a letter of application outlining your interest in and suitability for the role. Please refer specifically to the Main Responsibilities and Person Specification sections outlined in the Application Pack, ensuring your letter is no longer than two pages.
We are looking to recruit this role ASAP and welcome early applications. If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please get in touch with Juliet Simpson.
Please note that we will look at applications on arrival and reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Deadline: Sunday 23 May
The Architecture Centre is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.