Newly appointed, Sarah joins the Architecture Centre with over 15 years experience in arts and cultural management. She is responsible for overall strategic and artistic direction of the Centre. Sarah takes up the post on 22 May 2017.
Head of Learning & Participation
Amy Harrison PGCE QTS
Amy has been the driving force of the Centre’s learning and participation programming since 2004. A qualified teacher, Amy champions place-based learning in a playful, experiential and practical form.
Head of Programme
Pippa Goldfinger MSc
New to the team in 2017, Pippa is an experienced arts manager who is also a qualified engineer and urban planner, founder of Frome’s Architecture Club, and an independent Town Councillor.
Exhibitions & Events Curator
Jodie combines project management expertise with the sensibility of a practising artist. Since 2008 she has developed and coordinated many of the Centre’s inspirational architectural shows, talks and events.
Project Coordinator - Opening Doors to Heritage
Dr Anna Farthing
Anna brings a PhD in public engagement and extensive experience in the heritage, creative and cultural sectors to her role producing the Centre’s annual festival Bristol Doors Open Days.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Joining the Centre in 2016 after working for Open City London and the Irish Architecture Foundation, Katie heads up the Centre’s marketing, press and communications.
Vickie joined in 2008, bringing 20 years’ diverse administrative experience. She coordinates BUDF, supports finance and other operations, and is a key point of contact for members and volunteers.
John Barrett, Amy Thorman, Zulaykha Rajput are the Centre’s dedicated team of weekend staff. They provide a front of house welcome in the gallery space.
- Chris Askew Director, Askew Cavanna Architects
- Spencer Back Director, Designscape Architects
- Alastair Brook Vice-Chair, Bristol Buildings Preservation Trust
- Philip Burbidge Consultant Solicitor, Battens
- Nick Childs Director, Childs + Sulzmann (chair)
- Savita Custead CEO, Bristol Natural History Consortium
- Grace Davies Contemporary Arts Programme Manager, National Trust
- Karen Drake Operations Director, Engine Shed
- Peter Jones Head of Area, Homes & Communities Agency
- Elena Marco Head of Department Architecture and the Built Environment, UWE Bristol
- Amy Robinson Business Development Manager, Triodos Bank
- Tom Russell Director, Emmett Russell Architects
- Sandra Stancliffe Head of Education and Inclusion, Historic England
Volunteers play a vital role at the Architecture Centre, contributing to year-round front of house support and also specific project involvement. Find out about volunteering opportunities here.
- Sherban Cantacuzino
- Robert Emmerson
- Anthony Hunt
- Jane Priestman OBE
- Lord Rogers
Job opportunities are advertised in our news section and through our monthly newsletter. Sign up to keep informed.