The Architecture Centre
Sat 15 Jul 2017
12:00 - 16:30
£15 donationBook now
The Architecture Centre is pleased to be working with the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) to offer monthly Saturday advice surgeries with a local architect from a Chartered Practice.
Visitors are invited to book a 30 minute slot to discuss plans, schemes and dreams for large or small projects. It is an opportunity to meet with a qualified architect for a friendly and informal talk to discuss your plans for building projects.
You are welcome to bring along materials to aid the discussion, such as photographs, floor plans, inspirational examples or just your thoughts.
Russell Gray of MIME Architects
MIME is a ‘young’ company but Russell has 23 years of experience of working in architecture in the South / Southwest of England, including community, education & hospitality sectors, but the majority of experience is within the residential sector. This includes one off private houses, social housing, bespoke interior fit outs of London Townhouses and apartments, contemporary extensions to listed buildings and self build, both in the UK and overseas.
MIME’s current workload includes planning consultancy, large domestic extensions (£130k upwards), a housing development for a Community Land Trust, two self builder barn conversions and hotel redevelopment. These are within Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Cotswolds and Oxford.
Russell is a Chartered Architect and the Director at MIME, an RIBA Chartered Practice.
- Specialists in Planning Consultancy & Strategy; Architectural services from concept to completion.
- Proven track record in achieving successful planning applications in National Parks, Areas of Outstanding Beauty, Listed Buildings (Grade II & II*) and sites with unsuccessful planning histories.
- Creative solutions for sensitive locations, difficult urban and heavily constrained sites.
Upcoming Dates 2017:
- 2 September
- 14 October
- 11 November
- 11 February with Askew Cavanna Architects
- 11 March with Barefoot Architects
- 8 April with Green Form Design
- 13 May – with Patrick Graham of OSP Architecture
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and its members. It provides the standards, training, support and recognition that put members – in the UK and overseas – at the peak of their profession.